Friday, November 23, 2012

Legally Downloaded - Online Music Store


This is a post from my previous blog which was posted last January 30, 2012

With all of these commotion with regards to piracy, some of our fellow countrymen thought of an idea that I thought should be shared. Here it goes.
Php. 25.00 – 35.00 to “legally” download a song.
Reported on Yahoo Philippines last January 20, 2012 is a way to legally acquire a song through the process of our very precious “downloading” technique. MyMusicStore Philippines, a website supported by 15 other group of recording companies (Based on the Partners they listed on their footer). Though there are some issues or questions that I have in mind with regards to this process, this is something that could actually change the whole thing with regards to piracy.
Honestly, I haven’t tried it yet and haven’t run a few checks on their site ( not that I’m that good on checking stuff ’cause frankly, I’m just a spectator here ) But here’s like most of the common questions I have heard when I discussed this to my friends and also some of the popular feedback on yahoo news…
  • What would happen if I accidentally removed/deleted my downloaded file from the site? Do I have the rights to re-claim a copy?
  • Php. 35.00 is so expensive for just one song! Could you perhaps make it a bit cheaper?
  • Credit Cards? What if I don’t have one? From what I’ve heard Paypal needs to be linked to a debit card and I don’t want that.
  • Why not make “prepaid cards” to top-up on an account?
I’m not even a user of iTunes so I can’t really compare the two but for some reasons, I found their feedback reasonable and worth considering. Normally, an original CD holds up to 14 songs (Just from my experiences) and if I downloaded all of them that would also cost me as much as buying an original CD or sometimes even less! But since CD sales are declining, I think this isn’t as bad as it sound. Some of us doesn’t really listen to all of the songs listed there anyway. There is always one song that tops the whole album. Besides, though not practical, the amount of one song doesn’t seem like it was too much. Some of us could actually spend Php. 40.00 and above for cigarette packs (a day) or even other vices.
Still, the decision is up to us users… Which one will we consider worth buying? Which is more practical or more appropriate?

0 comments:

Post a Comment