Monday, July 15, 2013

Setting Up a Wordpress Blog Using Softaculous

As a blogger, I dreamed of using Wordpress as my CMS (Content Management System) for blogging, but the main reason why I wasn't able to get a hold of myself to that technology is the cost. There are some free hosting sites where you could setup your blog but at the moment, I can't seem to find a very reliable free hosting service that would keep my desired blog alive at 99.9% uptime just like what they promise.

So what is Softaculous? As I see it, Softaculous is a web application that helps the user to automatically install software and database to a server.

This guide is done using CPanel where Softaculous is present and is hosted in a free hosting site where I set my desired subdomain as "snake14".

1. Click the Softaculous Icon in your CPanel and select Wordpress once the page loaded.


(Click to enlarge image)

2. Select "Install" which is listed among other selections.

(Click to enlarge image)

3. Set up your Wordpress Blog and fill all the necessary fields. (Since I'm using a free hosting site, only a subdomain is given to me) Then hit "Install".

  • InDirectory - Leave this blank if you wanted your blog to be in the main directory.
    • This is how your URL look like if you leave that field blank. (myblog.com)
    • This is how it would look like if you place something in the Directory. (myblog.com/directory)
  • Admin Account - Make sure you remember this login credentials for you'll be using this to login your Wordpress blog.
(Click to enlarge image)


4. Wait for the installation to finish and you'll see a "Congratulatory Page"

(Click to enlarge image)

5. Visit your blog according to the URL you customized and start blogging!

  
(Click to enlarge image)

0 comments:

Post a Comment